Whirlpool C - no electricity

De wasdroger defect is natuurlijk erg vervelend! U kunt een monteur bellen maar die kost vaak veel geld.
Als u een beetje handig bent dan kunt u in veel gevallen uw wasdroger prima zelf repareren. Vaak met zeer lage kosten (minder als 10 euro)
Vragen over de reparatie of problemen met uw droger kunt u dan ook hier posten.
De mede-forum gebruikers en de moderators van DIY reparatie (www.DIYreparatie.nl) helpen u graag op weg!
Gesloten
Info

Hello,

our Whirlpool C doesn't seem to get any electricity.From searches over the internet and the manual I saw remarks about "changing the fuse", but I am not sure I know were that fuse is and if it is the actual problem.

I did open the back panel of the machine and everything seems to be dry and *not* burned or rusted...

Any ideas what/where to check?M.
Info

can you read dutch because my technical english is very bad
Info

i try in englishif there is electricity on the socket than is something faulty inside the dryer most of the time the problem is on the Printed circuit boardyou can find it behind the controlsthe U4 and the R76 are damaged (see pictures) the U4 is that black thing (lnk304gn) and the R76 is a resistor of 47 ohm(i think you call it like that)
Info

Citaat van: bennie op  5 maart 2016, 18:05:25i try in englishif there is electricity on the socket than is something faulty inside the dryer most of the time the problem is on the Printed circuit boardyou can find it behind the controlsthe U4 and the R76 are damaged (see pictures)WOW thank you!Yes, there is electricity on the socket because the washing machine works just fine.the printed board is in the front panel side, right?is this something that a repairman can help fix or should I start thinking of buying a new one...?
Info

a new one is expensive  if you can fix it by yourself  , this 2 things are incl. sending 6.65 euroif just half an hour work the printed board is on top of the front panel, get the topside of from the dryer and you can see itmake a picture of the plugs (for no mistakes) and get it out and find the U4 and the R76 to check
Info

Citaat van: bennie op  5 maart 2016, 18:21:42a new one is expensive  if you can fix it by yourself  , this 2 things are incl. sending 6.65 euroHow can I be sure those 2 parts are actually the problem and if they are, where can I buy them?
Info

if just half an hour work to fixthe printed board is on top of the front panel, get the topside of from the dryer and you can see itmake a picture of the plugs (for no mistakes) and get it out and find the U4 and the R76 to checkyou can buy is by http://www.maakmijnwitgoed.nl/12-elektr ... ponentenon the website is also a manual how to do it
Info

make a picture of the components and  post it here so we can check it  possibly
Info

Citaat van: bennie op  5 maart 2016, 18:54:03make a picture of the components and  post it here so we can check it  possiblyI will do that later today, or tomorrow.The question is still how can I know these parts are really the problem...?
Info

sometimes  you can see the damage on the lnk304gn but not always(on my picture you can see the damage)but the numbers ( U4 and R76) are for a AEG dryerby whirpool the numbers are U3 and R47  i thinksee http://www.wasdrogers.nl/forum/wirlpool ... msg2969you can  measuring the resistance with a "multimeter"if you cant measure anyting than both parts are damagedmost of the time this is the problem post pictures of both sides of the printed board so we can have a look
Info

Citaat van: bennie op  5 maart 2016, 18:44:49if just half an hour work to fix(...)you can buy is by http://www.maakmijnwitgoed.nl/12-elektr ... ponentenon the website is also a manual how to do itYep, it's overhere or here with google translate to English  I have to add that sometimes the dead IC has another type. The following types are very common:LNK304GNLNK304PNLNK364GNA little less common but seen also:LNK305PNTNY266PNOf course all of them are available at the webshop mentioned above!En een vrije vertaling in het Nederlands voor alle andere meelezers:Klopt, je kan die handlieding hier vinden.Ik moet wel toevoegen dat de dode IC soms van een ander type kan zijn. De IC's die het meeste voorkomen (stuk gaan dus ;-) zijn:LNK304GNLNK304PNLNK364GNEn deze IC's gaan ook stuk, maar komen nog minder vaak voor:LNK305PNTNY266PNUiteraard zijn ze allemaal te bestellen op de hierboven genoemde webshop!
Info

I disassembled the front panel, and this is what I have (see attachment).Should I open that front panel plastic box (#105125)?
Info

on the third picture you see the netfilter check for electricity on the outputif there is electricity than open the plactic box
Info

Citaat van: bennie op  6 maart 2016, 12:49:10on the third picture you see the netfilter check for electricity on the outputif there is electricity than open the plactic boxyou mean picture #105136?
Info

yes that one
Info

Citaat van: bennie op  6 maart 2016, 13:30:09yes that oneGreat, now I need to fine my multimeter... :/How much could a technician cost if I want him to come and repair it?
Info

i dont know how much it costs but you can also sent it to http://www.smallrepairs.nl/nl/whirlpool ... cht-doodor you can ask someone in your neighborhood to fix it or maybe you live in the east of holland i can help you
Info

Citaat van: bennie op  6 maart 2016, 15:28:36i dont know how much it costs but you can also sent it to http://www.smallrepairs.nl/nl/whirlpool ... cht-doodor you can ask someone in your neighborhood to fix it or maybe you live in the east of holland i can help youSince I couldn't find my multimeter, I took the front panel out.it seems like we have a problem there - see attached.
Info

i think its dead  , now look for a resistor with damage (not always damage what you can see)
Info

Citaat van: bennie op  6 maart 2016, 18:37:11i think its dead  , now look for a resistor with damage (not always damage what you can see)you're good!
Info

can you also find R47  , this on the picture is L1
Info

Citaat van: bennie op  6 maart 2016, 19:00:12can you also find R47  , this on the picture is L1of course...
Info

what are the colors on r47  is this gold black brown red?
Info

Citaat van: bennie op  6 maart 2016, 19:26:01what are the colors on r47  is this gold black brown red?exactly
Info

the colors say its a resistor of +/- 21 ohm  but HaZee kan have a beter look at those 2 resistors and the lkn304pni think if you replace this 3 things your dryer is as a new one@HaZee  kan jij zien wat de waardes zijn van L1 en R47
Info

Your LNK304PN is dead! (link)L1 is actually an inductor and dead also! (link)R47 is a resistor. Could be 22 Ohm (21.6) indeed but it de depends on the series and I'm not sure. I don't have information about Whirlpool tumble dryers in my parts list and colors fade and/or shift under the influence of heat. All advices I could find suggest replacing with a heavier one so I would advice a 47 Ohm (link) in this case. Best case: you have a heavy replacement. Worst case: it's the same resistor as the original  Most people find it doable to repair their PCB themselfs but if you don't want to do that, maybe I can find one for you depending on where you live. Sent me a PB with the city you live and the distance you are prepared to travel and I can have a look for you ...
Info

Citaat van: HaZee op  6 maart 2016, 23:09:56Your LNK304PN is dead! (link)L1 is actually an inductor and dead also! (link)R47 is a resistor. Could be 22 Ohm (21.6) indeed but it de depends on the series and I'm not sure. I don't have information about Whirlpool tumble dryers in my parts list and colors fade and/or shift under the influence of heat. All advices I could find suggest replacing with a heavier one so I would advice a 47 Ohm (link) in this case. Best case: you have a heavy replacement. Worst case: it's the same resistor as the original  Most people find it doable to repair their PCB themselfs but if you don't want to do that, maybe I can find one for you depending on where you live. Sent me a PB with the city you live and the distance you are prepared to travel and I can have a look for you ...Thank you very much @HaZee!The assumption here is that is the parts are correct, replacing those 3 parts should make the tumble dryer start working again right?In any case I've sent you a message with my location.
Info

you have a big chance that your dryer works again, there are many dryers with the same problems incl. my dryer and you have seen the damage on the PCBand my dryer works again with replacing those parts
Info

And? Did your tumble dryer come to life again?
Info

Sorry for the late reply, had a long week.Citaat van: HaZee op 18 maart 2016, 00:07:22And? Did your tumble dryer come to life again?Yes! It did!!!We still didn't test it on a full dry cycle, but for the 10 minute run we did, it seem to be working as good as new!Thank you very much @HaZee for the perfect fix, and of course @bennie for the assistance on identifying the issue.
Info

you're welcome
Info

You're welcome and nice to hear it's working again!
Gesloten